How to come to Caen la mer
Come to Caen by train
• SNCF station in Caen: Paris Saint-Lazare / Caen link in 2 hours (Paris / Cherbourg line).
Tel. : 36 35 (0.34 € / min) www.ter.sncf.com/normandie
To go to the center of Caen by bus from the SNCF train station: lines T1, T2 and T3
Come to Caen by plane
• Caen-Carpiquet Airport (9 Km from the city center) – More than 30 national and international destinations via Lyon or directly to Bordeaux, Toulouse, Nantes, Brest all year. From April to October: Ajaccio, Bastia, Figari, Nice and Marseille.
Tel. : +33 (0) 2 31 71 20 10 www.caen.aeroport.fr.
To get to Caen city center by bus from the airport: Line 3
Come to Caen la mer by bus
• FLIXBUS and BLABLABUS: Daily service from Paris and major French cities to Caen and Ouistreham Riva-Bella.
Come to Ouistreham by ferry
• BRITTANY FERRIES: Ouistreham-Portsmouth Link. Transfer to London. Information and reservations: Tel. : (0) 825 828 828 (€ 0.15 including tax / min + price of a call) – www.brittanyferries.fr
To go to the center of Caen from the port of Ouistreham by bus: line 12, 12 Express and « Gare Maritime Express »
How to move in Caen la mer
Twisto, the network of the urban community of Caen la mer
- The tramway has 3 lines : T1, T2 and T3:
T1 : HEROUVILLE • Saint-Clair > IFS •Jean Vilar
T2 : CAEN • Campus 2 > CAEN • Presqu’île
T3 : CAEN • Château-Quatrans > FLEURY • Collège Hawking
- Lines 12 and 12 Express connect Caen to the sea with daily connections from Caen to Ouistreham, Colleville-Montgomery, Hermanville-sur-Mer and Lion-sur-Mer.
- Line 22 links Caen to the sea from Monday to Saturday in Hermanville-sur-Mer and Lion-sur-Mer.
- The Gare Maritime Express line connects the Caen SNCF train station to the Ouistreham ferry terminal in 30 minutes.
- Liane 2 connects the city center to the Caen Memorial.
- In addition to the bus network, a free electric shuttle service runs to the city center every 15 minutes, from Monday to Saturday, from 07:30 to 20:00. Wave the driver to board (only in the pedestrian zone)! To find out in real time the position of the shuttle, download the Zenbus application.
More information on www.twisto.fr
The Bus Vert of Calvados:
- Line 74 serves the entire Côte de Nacre and part of the landing beaches in July-August.
- Tel. : +33 (0)9 70 83 00 14 (price of a local call from a fixed line) – www.busverts.fr
Car park in Caen la mer
The Parcs Relais in Caen:
With your ticket, park for free at the Parcs Relais. Located less than 15 minutes from the city center, they offer direct access to buses. They are open 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.
- Parking CAEN Côte de Nacre (350 places)
Located boulevard Becquerel in Caen. To get to the city center: Line T1 direction Jean Vilar
- Parking IFS Jean Vilar (90 Places)
Located Avenue Jean Vilar, next to the bus stop IFS Jean Vilar, in Ifs. To get to the city center: Line T1 direction Hérouville.
- Parking Exhibition Park
Located at 3 rue Joseph Philippon in Caen. This car park allows you to use the free electric shuttle bus service to the city center of Caen from Monday to Saturday.
- Free parking in Caen in the afternoon, evening, Saturday from 11h to 15h and Sunday.
- Free parking in Caen on Saturdays from 9am to 8pm in the car parks of the Hôtel de Ville and Guillouard.
- Free parking or blue zone in Ouistreham, outside Place Alfred Thomas (Casino), the seafront and the Place de Gaulle (port).
- Free parking for the beaches of Lion-sur-Mer, Hermanville-sur-Mer and Colleville-Montgomery.
Biking in Caen la mer
The Géovélo app helps you to find the most suitable routes for cycling through Caen la Mer. The site adapts to your profile and chooses as a priority trails, bike lanes and low traffic streets. Available on Android and IOS and on the geovelo.fr website.
Velolib and Veloloc by Twisto
Vélolib offers shared self-service bicycles, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can take a bike from one station and drop it into another. It is possible to rent them with a subscription or occasionally with your credit card.
Véloloc allows you to rent bikes for a long time.
Vélolibs and Vélolocs Bikes are available with or without electric assistance.
The underground car parks in downtown Caen offer 82 parking spaces and 6 tire inflation stations for cyclists. In addition, 8 bike shelters are available as well as 4 shelters Vélopark Twisto secure (Theater, Train Station, Quatrans and Fossés Saint- Julien).